The Hokkaido Government Representative Office was established on 14 January 2016, the year commemorating the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Singapore and Japan.
Our main objectives comprise of attracting foreign tourists, expanding Hokkaido-produced product exports and make them well-known, and to promote inbound investments to Hokkaido. We aim to make the “Hokkaido” brand well-known throughout the ASEAN region.
We also aim to promote bidirectional economic exchanges between ASEAN countries and Hokkaido by sharing information on the needs of Singapore/ASEAN visitors, food culture, tourism and investment activities with Hokkaido.
For any enquiries on Hokkaido food, tourism, investment activities, etc. please feel free to contact our office.
Expanding of product exports, attracting foreign tourists to Hokkaido, and promoting inbound investments.
Entire ASEAN region
- Collect information from a wide range of network in ASEAN countries, such as local government agencies, trade relations companies, travel agencies, airline companies and financial institutions.
- Promote “HOKKAIDO” brand and make it more well-known.
- Support business matching with experts in particular areas of various industries.
- Support business development to establish commercial flow and logistics.
- Grasp the needs of local markets and people and feedback to Hokkaido.
- Work as a contact office in ASEAN region for expanding food exports, attracting foreign tourists and promoting inbound investments.
20 Anson Road #11-01 Room B-01
About Hokkaido Tourism
Hokkaido is simply a destination treasure trove of tourism resources and attractions, such as food, nature and sightseeing. There are hot springs, marathons, mountain climbing, cycling, sea bathing, food trails and many others to enjoy.
Hokkaido is also one of most beautiful four-season prefectures in Japan. Which allow tourists from the ASEAN region to enjoy and feel the four seasons throughout the year.
In order to invite more foreign visitors to Hokkaido, we will introduce Hokkaido attractions overseas and improve the Hokkaido tourism infrastructure.
Please refer to the following recommended information on sightseeing spots, travel plans and access in Hokkaido.
Bureau of Tourism, Hokkaido Department of Economic Affairs
See below for other Hokkaido business activities.
About Hokkaido Food
Hokkaido is simply a destination treasure trove of tourism resources and attractions, such as food, nature and sightseeing. There are hot springs, marathons, mountain climbing, cycling, sea bathing, food trails and many others to enjoy. Hokkaido is also one of most beautiful four-season prefectures in Japan. Which allow tourists from the ASEAN region to enjoy and feel the four seasons throughout the year. In order to invite more foreign visitors to Hokkaido, we will introduce Hokkaido attractions overseas and improve the Hokkaido tourism infrastructure.
Hokkaido Symbol Mark for Export
In order to increase the recognition of Hokkaido food products overseas and protect the Hokkaido brand, Hokkaido created a symbol mark for exporting Hokkaido products, and registered this trademark in Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore.
This mark guarantees that the products are genuinely grown and/or processed in Hokkaido.
- Products produced or manufactured/processed in Hokkaido.
- Dishes using “Hokkaido ingredients (including processed products)” at restaurants, etc.
Concept of the Symbol Mark
Hokkaido, situated on the northern part of Asia, has a beautiful winter scenery. It also offers abundant fruits, vegetables and seafood.
Moreover, it is a safe and peaceful area so you will enjoy peace of mind.
Hokkaido is clean indeed. Hokkaido food enriches the lives of each and every one in the world.
- The overall logo signifies the shape of Hokkaido, and portrays the soft powder snow and clean air of the region.
- Within the logo, the blue mark symbolizes the clean waters and seafood, the green mark symbolizes and greenery, and the red mark symbolizes the blessings and human warmth of the people living in the region.
In conjunction with the overseas expansion of food and tourism, Hokkaido will work to improve the name recognition of its brands in new fields, while expanding the base of initiatives that utilize the Hokkaido brand, such as promoting investment and promoting technology, in order to boost overseas growth potential.
Business Location Guidebook Hokkaido
Our main responsibility is to promote the “Hokaido” brand, expecially Food and Tourism. We continually find new high-quality products, utilizing Hokkaido’s specialties while considering the safety and secure issues, and also create and expand sales channals of our products outside and inside of Hokkaido. We emphasize human resources and promote tourism from in and out Japan.
- The Perfect Place for Diversification of Risk.
- A Hotspot for Excellent Human Resources and Research Institutions.
- Fulfilling Lifestyle, Data Centers.
- Food-related Industry, Automobile-related Industry.
- IT-related Industry, Industrial Support Services Industry, Health and Longevity-related Industries, Industrial Base, Industrial Base with “Double Ports” Connecting it to the World, The Largest Production and Logistics Base in the Sapporo Area.
- Incentive System, One-stop Service for Locating your Business.
20 Anson Road #11-01 Room B-01 Twenty Anson Singapore 079912