We strive to handle personal information in a manner which is consistent with the local privacy laws that apply in the various international jurisdictions in which Hokkaido Government operates.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- that you provide or is provided to by any person authorized by you;
- in relation to each of your visit to our Site; and
- from such other third parties authorized by you or publicly available sources.
- Subscribe to any of our publications or register to receive brochures;
- Apply to attend or exhibit at a Hokkaido Government event;
- Apply to enter a promotion or competition; or
- Have business dealings with us (whether as an employee of one of our external service providers, or if you work for any agencies or companies we deal with, or in the context of a transaction, or if you volunteer personal information to us).
- grant you access and facilitate the use of our Site;
- provide, operate, process and administer the services available on our Site;
- provide you with the publications or services available on our Site which you have requested;
- necessary or permitted based on applicable laws, regulations , orders, or guidance;
- necessary for purposes the functions or duties of an authorized public agency or law enforcement agency;
- any other purposes relating to the above which a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Requests relating to personal information
You have the right to request access to any information held by Hokkaido Government , which relates to you.
You also have the right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information that is in our possession or under our control.
To request for access, correction or withdrawal of your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us at the email address specified in the section ‘Contact Details’ below.
Please note that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences, and may also mean that we will not be able to continue to provide you with our services.
Management of Personal Information
- the transmission of information over the Internet, including any interruption, delay, breach of security or transmission error in connection with your access and/or use of your Site;
- any virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment or other device due to your access and/or use of our Site; and
- any cause which Hokkaido Government has no control over, whether fully or partly, including without limitation, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, unauthorized access, failure of public transportation, common carrier communication or utility systems, data or other theft (including the theft of passwords, codes or log-in sequences) and operator errors.
Managing Director of Hokkaido Government Representative Office
Registered in Singapore Covering ASEAN Countries
– Director for Personal Information Protection –